Happy Wednesday! It’s always great knowing we’re half way through the week!
I’m coming back with another recipe for you all! We did pork last time, so I thought we’d switch it up with a chicken dish this time! Yet you could use any meat, or tofu for you vegetarian readers, and top it with the black bean sauce. The sauce is what really makes this dish so amazing!
They ring in at only about 330 calories for one whole chicken serving, trust me that is all you’ll need!!!
makes 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons diced yellow onions
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 14-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons ground chipotle chili
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 4-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1. Lightly spray a large saucepan with cooking spray. Saute onions and garlic over medium heat until onions are translucent.
2. Add the beans, chipotle, chicken stock, tomatoes, cilantro, and salt; simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until the beans are slightly thickened. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
3. Puree half the bean mixture in a blender or food processor; place in a bowl with the rest of the beans and mix together.
4. Preheat the broiler. Combine the olive oil and chili powder in a small bowl; mix to form a paste. Rub the paste over the chicken breasts.
4. Broil the chicken 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until no longer pink. Top with the black bean sauce.
Nutrition facts per serving: 330 calories, 37g protein, 29g carbohydrate, 8g fat (3g saturated), 11g fiber
These chickens are so delicious and with such a great protein source that they will leave you full for hours and hours!!! Try them out this weekend and let me know what you think!!
Speaking of weekend it is right around the corner (my optimistic thinking), anyone have any fun weekend plans?! Unfortunately I will be consumed with studying as finals start Monday : ( But for now I can live vicariously through you all, tell me your fun weekend plans!!!